January 28, 2019
The Ultimate Girl Scout Cookie Pairing Guide
It’s our favorite time of year: Girl Scout cookie season! Enjoying a box of Thin Mints at your desk or sharing them with colleagues in the breakroom is the perfect afternoon pick-me-up. But is there a way to make these little cookies even better? That’s where our team of flavor scientists come in.
As the office drink experts, we take taste seriously. So we set out to find the perfect drink pairings for our favorite Girl Scout cookies, using our Flavia office drinks system to craft high quality tea, coffee and hot chocolate. The team tested five classic cookies: Shortbread/Trefoils®, Do-si-dos®/Peanut Butter Sandwich, Peanut Butter Patties®, Caramel deLites®, and Thin Mints®.
After tasting, testing, and re-tasting (we really liked this challenge), the results are in! Elevate your next office coffee break with these tasty pairings:
Delightful Cookie Pairings for Your Office
- Shortbread/Trefoils®: Enjoy this simple, elegant cookie with the Bright Tea Co. Chai Spice for an exciting twist on a classic. The spicy notes of the tea complimented the buttery sweetness of the cookie for a combo that tasted of sugar, spice, and everything nice.
- Do-si-dos®/Peanut Butter Sandwich: The berry notes of our Alterra Colombia wowed when paired with this oaty peanut butter cookie. The medium-high acidity of the coffee cut through the richness of the peanut butter, and we loved the peanut-butter-and-jelly flavor this combo produced!
- Peanut Butter Patties®: Chocolate and peanut butter is always a winning combination, but when introduced to Starbucks® Pike Place® Roast it is perfection. The nutty cocoa notes of this coffee amplify the flavor of this yummy treat.
- Caramel deLites®: The balanced cocoa and dark roasted notes of Alterra Donut Shop Dark beautifully complimented the blonde caramel of this cookie. The dark roast provided a grown-up sophistication to this tasty classic.
- Thin Mints®: Sometimes you just have to embrace indulgence. We paired Thin Mints with our DOVE Hot Chocolate for a chocoholic’s dream. The mintiness of the cookie played well with this luxurious chocolate drink.
If you’re looking for a fun team-building activity, you can easily hold a Girl Scout cookie tasting in your office. All you need are a few boxes of cookies and drinks brewed with your Flavia brewer. Your team will love the opportunity to bond, relax, and enjoy a great cup of coffee; cheers!